- 21 Lawyers Recognized Nationally as Among the Best Lawyers in Canada @ January 23, 2014 10:00 am
- TDS Law Announces Merger with Roy, Johnston & Co. LLP @ January 7, 2014 8:30 am
- Adrian B. Frost Recognized as One of the Leading Lawyers Under 40 in Canada @ November 5, 2013 11:15 am
Seminars & Events
TDS is proud to be a sponsor of Innovate Manitoba and their events. Offered three times a year (once in Brandon), LaunchPad Startup Skills Camps are designed to get you on your way, with a clear sense of where you are going and what you need to do to get there. Led by Randy Thompson, Investor, Founder of VA Angels and leader of Innovate Manitoba’s intensive 3. 5 day LaunchPad Entrepreneur Bootcamp, the one day LaunchPad Startup Skills Camp will cover five of the key areas startups need to consider on the path to becoming a successful business venture: products / customers / markets / business models / management teams. The Brandon Startup Skills Camp will run over 2 days, April 15 & 16, 2014. Read more...
This is the last of five seminars in the United Way Charity Law Seminar SeriesCharities and non-profits are often drawn into working with or appearing before government actors, including policy makers and administrative tribunals. This seminar will focus on understanding the processes as well as on the procedures you should use when making decisions that affect the rights and interests of others to ensure fair decisions – for example, in situations of workplace conflict. About the Series Charities struggle with many of the same operational and human resource challenges facing any other business, but they also operate in a highly regulated environment. Once registered as charities, not only must they comply with the financial and reporting requirements set out in the Income Tax Act (Canada) and in relevant provincial legislation, but they also must satisfy the Canada Revenue Agency (“CRA”) on an on-going basis that their activities/programs continue to be charitable. In addition, most charities depend on fundraising, which presents a high level of risk of liability for charities and for their directors and officers. Read more...
TDS Law is a platinum sponsor of the 2014 Winnipeg Real Estate Forum. Multiple lawyers from the firm are registered attendees of the event and will be attending various sessions. The forum provides attendees with insights on the trends and opportunities within Winnipeg. In 2012, over 500 executives attended the event, 30% were from outside of Manitoba. Why Winnipeg? Winnipeg has one of the most diverse economies of any major city in Canada which includes aerospace, finance and insurance, transportation, agribusiness, manufacturing, information technology, bio technology, furniture and apparel companies. Read more...
- Manitoba Legislation Regulating P3 Projects Proclaimed Into Force @ April 14, 2014 9:00 am
- Asset Purchase Agreements and Share Purchase Agreements @ April 7, 2014 11:07 am
- Obtaining Maximum Benefit for the Assets of an Insolvent Business @ March 24, 2014 1:17 pm
- Testamentary Trusts Updates @ February 18, 2014 11:00 am
- Considering a Manitoba Limited Partnership? @ February 18, 2014 8:00 am