The Partners of TDS Law are pleased to announce that, effective November 1, 2014, Allan Fineblit, Q. C. has agreed to accept an appointment as Counsel to the Firm. Previously, Allan was the Chief Executive Officer of The Law Society of Manitoba.
- TDS is Pleased to Welcome Tracey Pniowsky to the Firm @ October 9, 2014 12:00 pm
- 2014 Winnipeg Lawyers of the Year @ October 6, 2014 11:00 am
- Thirteen TDS lawyers have been recognized in The 2014 Canadian Legal Lexpert® Directory @ September 8, 2014 10:00 am
Seminars & Events
Leilani Kagan of TDS Law will be speaking with Pat O’Connor of Blackwood Family Enterprise Services, sharing the exceptional story of Jody Cole and Jill Ruth of Headingley Sport Shop, transitioning their family business into the third generation and its subsequent successful expansion. To learn more and register, click here. Read more...
Construction Law - Builders’ Liens This event is part of the Construction Law Breakfast Series with Jonathan Woolley, Thompson Dorfman Sweatman LLP. Get an in-depth look and enhance your knowledge of the Manitoba Builders’ Liens Act. Learn where the Act pertains to construction activity which create lien rights, the process and procedure of registering a lien claim, enforcement of lien claims, the proper administration of holdbacks and a review of trust provisions arising under the Act. Please click here to register. Read more...
We are pleased to announce that Compliance Day™ will be coming to Steinbach in November! This is the first time that the Compliance Day™ seminar has been held in the city. We will be running three concurrent streams, allowing attendees to attend the stream that is relevant to their area of responsibility without having to sit through sessions which may be of less relevance to them. What You Need to Know About Employment Law (Rob Olson - TDS) - Why would a written contract matter? What are my options if unions are interested in my workforce? What obligations/rights do I have if someone is deserving of discipline? We will spend 20 minutes discussing these and other important topics for any workplace. Overview and Update of Tendering Law (Lisa Stiver - TDS) - Does your company spend a lot of time and resources issuing tender calls, or preparing proposals in response to bids? You could be creating contractual obligations without intending to do so, or expending valuable time and money without obtaining a lot in return. We will provide a summary of the law regarding tender processes, and discuss the best practices to maximize the value to your organization in both issuing or responding to tender documents. Read more...
- Getting What You Paid For: The Importance of Legal and Financial Due Diligence When Purchasing a Business @ November 10, 2014 11:00 am
- Mapping Tsilhqot’in and Keewatin in Treaty Land @ October 15, 2014 11:00 am
- Legal Aspects of Doing Business in Manitoba @ October 3, 2014 9:45 am
- Subrogation and the Covenant to Insure in Commercial Leases @ October 1, 2014 1:00 pm
- When Childcare Interferes With Work: When is an Employer’s Duty to Accommodate Triggered? @ August 26, 2014 11:00 am