Thompson Dorfman Sweatman LLP congratulates James A. Ripley (General Business Law) and John D. Stefaniuk (Environmental Law) for being recognized in their respective fields by Chambers & Partners in its 2015 Chambers Global guide to the world’s leading lawyers. Chambers’ researchers select lawyers based on legal knowledge and experience, ability, effectiveness and client service.
- Thompson Dorfman Sweatman LLP Lawyers Recognized Nationally as Among the Best Lawyers in Canada @ April 6, 2015 9:00 am
- TDS Global Reach: Helping Clients Internationally @ March 23, 2015 12:00 pm
- Acumen Corporate Development Inc. Welcomes Alan Margulius to Our Team @ January 30, 2015 2:00 pm
Seminars & Events
TDS Lawyer Stephen Beernaert is co-presenting at the 2015 Canadian Corporate Counsel Association National Conference, as part of the Spring Training Camp. Stephen is co-presenting on the following topic: HR Essentials Employment law is one of the most challenging areas of law for any sized legal department. Our members often report that employment law and human resource issues consume the majority of their time. In this session, you will discuss common employment law and HR situations, examine critical areas of concern, and discuss strategies to help manage the HR function. Speakers: Tara Erskine, Partner, McInnes Cooper (Lex Mundi member firm for Newfoundland, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia and PEI)Stephen Beernaert, Lawyer, Thompson Dorfman Sweatman LLP (Lex Mundi member firm for Manitoba)Catalina Rodriguez, Corporate Counsel, Best Buy Canada Ltd. Read more...
If you work in the cultural or creative sectors then you know culture is what makes Winnipeg tick. Now imagine meeting hundreds of people just like you from around the world in Europeâs Capital of Culture this October at Culturallia. Who will be there with you? Over 500 trend setters from the fields of communications, web, audio-visual, film, theatre, music, festivals, gaming design, architecture, photography, museums, tourism and much more. You get it. Itâs big!Wanna go?Learn more. Read more...
The VA Angels will be holding an event in the DA Thompson Boardroom on Thursday, April 23rd. The event will be attended by angel investors, as well as start-up and emerging companies looking for capital. Presenting at the event are TDS Lawyers Glen Agar and Elmer Gomes on the topic "Structuring the Deal: Considering issues for both the Investor and Corporation Perspective". About VA Angel Events The average presenter has been in business for at least two years, has a proven product with a core set of customers. Their companies are scalable, have a clear, unique selling point and present something tangible. Read more...
- Can’t get no Dissatisfaction: BC Court Reverses Award of Damages Against Crown for First Nation Blockade @ April 8, 2015 9:34 am
- Notification - CRTC issues $1.1 million penalty for CASL violation @ March 10, 2015 9:00 am
- Ten Tips for New Municipal Council Members @ February 19, 2015 10:00 am
- Supreme Court Assisted Suicide Decision @ February 12, 2015 12:00 pm
- Planning for the Unexpected @ February 4, 2015 10:00 am