In the case of St. Arnaud et al. v. The Queen, the CRA assessed a large group of taxpayers from across Canada on the basis that investments in Registered Retirement Savings Plans (RRSP) were not in qualified investments and that the amount of the investment was less than the fair market value, triggering a taxable income inclusion under the RRSP provisions of the Income Tax Act. While the investors thought they were purchasing valid investments, the investments were in fact worthless.
- TDS Listed as "Highly Recommended" @ May 10, 2013 9:11 am
- Evolving Client Services at TDS Law @ May 7, 2013 4:01 pm
- Winnipeg Lawyers of the Year @ January 24, 2013 10:49 am
Seminars & Events
TDS is a sponsor of Innovate Manitoba's VentureChallenge event. On the morning of June 19, 2013, each venture will make a formal 10 minute investment pitch to the judging panel, followed by 20 minutes of questions. VentureChallenge presentations are open to the public, and potential investors and interested parties are encouraged to attend. Ventures will be evaluated by the judges based on the following criteria: Did the pitch incorporate many of the ideas necessary to present the venture as an investor friendly option? Based on what you saw and learned through the pitch, is the management team “coachable”? Is it prepared to learn and to incorporate new ideas into the development of the venture? Which venture has demonstrated a global perspective and would benefit being exposed to the experience and perspectives of investors from other areas of Canada (such as the Banff Venture Forum or the Canadian Financing Forum)? Based on what you saw and learned through the pitch, which is the most viable venture? Judges will make their decisions immediately following the presentations and awards will be presented at the VentureChallenge awards luncheon commencing at noon on the same date. The top three ventures will be asked to make a two-minute pitch to the audience at the awards luncheon. Read more...
- Province has the Right to Take Up Treaty Land @ April 30, 2013 2:04 pm
- Questions About Wills @ April 22, 2013 8:46 am
- Understanding Manitoba Land Transfer Tax @ April 12, 2013 10:30 am
- Global Client Service @ March 26, 2013 10:10 am
- Arbitration Clauses in Construction Contracts @ November 1, 2012 3:36 pm