- 21 Lawyers Recognized Nationally as Among the Best Lawyers in Canada @ January 23, 2014 10:00 am
- TDS Law Announces Merger with Roy, Johnston & Co. LLP @ January 7, 2014 8:30 am
- Adrian B. Frost Recognized as One of the Leading Lawyers Under 40 in Canada @ November 5, 2013 11:15 am
Seminars & Events
TDS Law is a platinum sponsor of the 2014 Winnipeg Real Estate Forum. Multiple lawyers from the firm are registered attendees of the event and will be attending various sessions. The forum provides attendees with insights on the trends and opportunities within Winnipeg. In 2012, over 500 executives attended the event, 30% were from outside of Manitoba. Why Winnipeg? Winnipeg has one of the most diverse economies of any major city in Canada which includes aerospace, finance and insurance, transportation, agribusiness, manufacturing, information technology, bio technology, furniture and apparel companies. Read more...
Is your organization compliant with Canada’s Anti-Spam Legislation ("CASL")? What steps have you put in place to ensure your organization will follow the new rules for sending commercial electronic messages (for example, emails, SMS messages, social media posts)?CASL will be coming into force on July 1, 2014. CASL is considered to be one of the toughest laws governing commercial electronic messaging in the world. CASL’s reach extends beyond what is commonly thought of as “spam”. Does your business, corporation, or non-profit organization use commercial electronic messages to communicate with customers, prospective customers, or others in a commercial context? Does your organization use social media platforms such as Facebook or LinkedIn to promote its products or services? If so, it is imperative that you understand your compliance obligations and begin compliance preparations now. Who Should Attend this Seminar? Those in your organization who is responsible for the creation and communication of commercial electronic messages (whether by email, SMS, or social media websites), those in a regulatory or compliance role, those in a leadership role, those in a technology role, or those who would be responsible for implementing the changes required to be compliant under CASL should attend. Read more...
This event is being organized by Career Women Interaction (FCI-CWI). FCI-CWI is a provider of conferences for women executives, lawyers, accountants and other professionals across Canada, and is not affiliated with TDS Law. Vivian Rachlis, a partner with the firm, has been asked to speak at the conference being held in Winnipeg on May 22nd. Details of Vivian’s session entitled “Managing Conflict” (from conference brochure): Most of us would rather live and work without conflict, yet no environment is conflict-free. The life cycle of effective conflict management involves planning for conflict, not going into denial when it rears its head, resorting to dispute resolution mechanisms if necessary, and moving on. Read more...
- New Opportunities for Crowdfunding in Manitoba @ April 23, 2014 2:36 pm
- Manitoba Legislation Regulating P3 Projects Proclaimed Into Force @ April 14, 2014 9:00 am
- Asset Purchase Agreements and Share Purchase Agreements @ April 7, 2014 11:07 am
- Obtaining Maximum Benefit for the Assets of an Insolvent Business @ March 24, 2014 1:17 pm
- Testamentary Trusts Updates @ February 18, 2014 11:00 am