The Manitoba and Canadian economy are heavily dependent on exporting and on global trade. Increasingly, Canadian companies are looking to expand their markets beyond the U. S. in order to diversify their markets. Being the exclusive Manitoba law firm member of Lex Mundi, TDS is uniquely qualified to help Manitoba businesses looking to do business outside of Manitoba.
- Acumen Corporate Development Inc. Welcomes Alan Margulius to Our Team @ January 30, 2015 2:00 pm
- Summer Student Program Applications Due February 6 @ January 22, 2015 11:00 am
- Allan Fineblit to be presented with the Manitoba Bar Association’s 2015 President’s Award @ January 7, 2015 8:00 am
Seminars & Events
TDS Lawyer Stephen Beernaert is co-presenting at the 2015 Canadian Corporate Counsel Association National Conference, as part of the Spring Training Camp. Stephen is co-presenting on the following topic: HR Essentials Employment law is one of the most challenging areas of law for any sized legal department. Our members often report that employment law and human resource issues consume the majority of their time. In this session, you will discuss common employment law and HR situations, examine critical areas of concern, and discuss strategies to help manage the HR function. Speakers: Tara Erskine, Partner, McInnes Cooper (Lex Mundi member firm for Newfoundland, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia and PEI)Stephen Beernaert, Lawyer, Thompson Dorfman Sweatman LLP (Lex Mundi member firm for Manitoba)Catalina Rodriguez, Corporate Counsel, Best Buy Canada Ltd. Read more...
If you work in the cultural or creative sectors then you know culture is what makes Winnipeg tick. Now imagine meeting hundreds of people just like you from around the world in Europe’s Capital of Culture this October at Culturallia. Who will be there with you? Over 500 trend setters from the fields of communications, web, audio-visual, film, theatre, music, festivals, gaming design, architecture, photography, museums, tourism and much more. You get it. It’s big!Wanna go?Learn more. Read more...
Recent amendments to the laws on taxation of testamentary trusts and estates will result in changes to the tax treatment of charitable donations made by an individual in their estate plan. These changes include the potential mismatch of donations with anticipated tax liabilities on death, the realization of capital gains in an estate on donated property, and the inability to allocate tax credits to a surviving spouse. Please join the Canadian Association of Farm Advisors (CAFA) at a special event on the topic of New Charitable Donation Rules: How Will They Change Your Estate Plan?. Thursday, May 14, 201511:45 a. m. Read more...
- Notification - CRTC issues $1.1 million penalty for CASL violation @ March 10, 2015 9:00 am
- Ten Tips for New Municipal Council Members @ February 19, 2015 10:00 am
- Supreme Court Assisted Suicide Decision @ February 12, 2015 12:00 pm
- Planning for the Unexpected @ February 4, 2015 10:00 am
- Sexual Harassment in the Workplace: Manitoba Employers Take Note @ January 19, 2015 2:00 pm