TDS Law is a Gold Sponsor of Centrallia. Centrallia is a Global business-to-business forum designed for businesses seeking new opportunities. The focus of Centrallia is on business development locally, nationally and internationally. The conference is being put on by the World Trade Centre Winnipeg and will feature over 5,000 ‘B2B’ meetings, with more than 700 business leaders from 30+ countries.
As part of our sponsorship, TDS will be hosting the official lunch seminar Doing Business in Canada. This seminar will cover a range of legal topics relevant to businesses already operating in Canada and those interested in doing business in Canada. Some of the topics which will be covered include:
Doing Business In Canada – Business Law
The session will provide an overview of some key issues and requirements of doing business in Canada, and particularly Manitoba, including business organizations and registration, investment/acquisition restrictions and compliance, raising capital and financing.
- Doing Business in Canada – Labour and Employment Law;
This session will highlight some issues regarding taking over or starting a business from a labour and employment perspective, including certain needs for Manitoba employee contracts, and a brief overview of important legislation such as the Worker Recruitment and Protection Act.
- Doing Business in Canada – Tax Law ; and
The session will highlight tax implications of carrying on business in Canada and, specifically, in Manitoba. It will include an overview of taxation rules, compliance issues and some planning tips in respect of income tax, payroll tax and commodity taxes.
Doing Business in Canada – Protecting Your Intellectual Property (IP)
This practical session will provide an overview of some of the key aspects of IP when entering new markets. Patents, trademarks, trade secrets and licensing agreements will be discussed, including protecting your IP both inside and outside of Canada.
Centrallia is ideal for businesses looking for opportunities in the following industries:
- Transportation and Logistics
- Information and Communications Technologies
- Environmental Industries
- Energy, Resources, and Mining
- Innovation and R&D
- Why attend Centrallia? Click here to read six reasons to attend Centrallia.
- Have new deals resulted from past Centrallia conferences? Click here to read about past success stories from Canada, the U.S. and overseas.
- What is the program? Click here to view the program.
- Is there a deligation attending from my country? Click here to view information on international deligations.
- Which industries will be focused on? Click here to view industry information.
- Who should attend? Click here to view information on who should attend.
- Where do I find more information on Centrallia? Click here to view videos (in six languages) on the global B2B conference.
- How do I register? Click here for information on the cost of attending Centrallia and here to learn more about how to register.
- For more information contact the World Trade Centre Winnipeg.
Date / Time:
May 25, 2016 5:00 pm to May 27, 2016 2:00 pm
RBC Convention Centre