VA Angels Forum
The VA Angels will be holding an event in the DA Thompson Boardroom on Thursday, March 26 at 5:30 p.m. The event will be attended by angel investors, as well as start-up and emerging companies looking for capital.
Presenting at the event is PFM Scheduling Services™, a start-up company created as a result of Alberta Innovates Center for Machine Learning (AICML) commercial mandate. AICML was created in the fall of 2002 with funding of approximately $2 million per year to enhance and augment research excellence in Machine Learning and related areas that exist in the Computing Science Department at the University of Alberta. In 2009, the AICML shifted its focus from not only performing world class research, but also the transitioning of inventions to commercial outcomes.
Also presenting is Apparent Media, an innovative consumer engagement media company that utilizes eye-catching digital display technology to deliver engaging digital advertising and marketing messages to water faucets in high-traffic public washrooms. Faucets are transformed from simple appliances that dispense and regulate water into powerfully effective branding, advertising, and communication opportunities.
About VA Angel Events
The average presenter has been in business for at least two years, has a proven product with a core set of customers. Their companies are scalable, have a clear, unique selling point and present something tangible. Start-ups come in all shapes and sizes, solving problems in every industry. What they look for are investible and credible start-ups that will produce a return on investment.
VA Angel Statistics
• 22 VA Angel deals were funded to the tune of $2,883,250;
• Winnipeg did 6 deals and according to NACO helped pushed VA Angels into Canada’s top spot;
• 3 VA investments exited: Acheson, Mobile Data Tech, and Optimum Communications Systems;
• 162 requests were received to present for investment;
• 62 different companies presented at a VA forum, up from 46 in 2013;
• 110 companies attended a VA Bootcamp in Brandon, Calgary, Edmonton, Prince George, Puerto Rico or Winnipeg;
• 127 VA investor members were represented across 5 chapters:
- Calgary: 38, Edmonton: 47, Kelowna: 19, Phoenix: 11, Winnipeg: 12;
• VA Angels reached its 100 deals funded milestone.
Date / Time:
March 26, 2015 12:30 pm to March 26, 2015 2:00 pm