Caroline G.S. Kiva
Phone: (204) 934-2526
Fax: (204) 934-0582
- Download Contact
- Download Printable Biography
Caroline’s practice focuses on estate and succession planning. Through her practice, she assists clients with creating a legacy by preserving family assets and creating estate plans that provide for the smooth transition of wealth among various generations in a tax effective manner.
She also assists families with trust planning, estate administration and the transfer of assets to beneficiaries.
Caroline frequently presents to investment advisors, bankers, fellow-lawyers and various groups on estate and wealth management planning.
Canadian Securities Institute, Canadian Securities Course, Certificate, 2000
LL.B., University of Manitoba, 1999
B.A., University of Winnipeg, 1995
Call to the Bar:
- Canadian Bar Association - Manitoba Bar Association Wills & Estates law section, 2015 Section Activity Award
Other Speaking Engagements:
- Manitoba Bar Association, Presenter, Mid-Winter Conference, "Protecting Clients Making Major Gifts", January 2016
- Law Society of Manitoba, Presenter, Continuing Professional Development, "Wills That Work: Practical & Proficient Drafting", February, 2015
- Manitoba Bar Association, Presenter, Mid-Winter Conference, "Trustees' Powers", January 2013
- Society of Trust & Estate Practitioners, Presenter, "Case Studies in Personal Estate Planning", February 2011
- St. Boniface Hospital Foundation, Board of Directors, 2012 - Current
- Jewish Foundation of Manitoba, Member, Investments Committee, Current
- Winnipeg Rowing Club, Board Representative, Recreational Group, 2015 – 2016
- Jewish Foundation of Manitoba, Member, Grants Committee, 2014 – 2015
- The Winnipeg Foundation, Volunteer Presenter, Wills Week, 2010 – Current
- Jewish Foundation of Manitoba, Event Chair, Professional Advisory Committee, Family Business: Achieving Success in Succession, June, 2013
- The Winnipeg Foundation, Member, Allied Professional Advisory Group, 2011 – 2012
- St. Boniface Hospital Foundation, Member, Major Gifts Committee, 2010 – 2012
Caroline G.S. Kiva is a member of the following...