Responsible for creating online and email marketing campaigns to promote the firm’s services. Determines target audience, devises campaign, and launches email campaign to create awareness and interest, or generate leads for the firm. Responsible for all aspects of online marketing including website, online advertising, podcasts, webinars and social media platforms.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintains and utilizes the firm’s Client Relationship Management (CRM) software for strategic marketing purposes, including creating mailing lists, marketing lists and client reporting, as well as quarterly marketing measurements reporting;
- Acts as the liaison between marketing and end users, the firm’s website agency and systems operations team;
- Maintains social media profiles (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, and Instagram) for the firm and researches new social media sites for opportunities;
- Plans and executes online advertising campaigns (e.g. Facebook ads, Google AdWords, LinkedIn ads, etc.), liaising with the firm’s marketing agency when necessary;
- Developing and distributing online surveys, both internally and externally;
- Maintains TDS CASL compliance;
- Strong writing skills, including very strong attention to detail, ensuring written work is accurate and of a high quality;
- Maintains firm website, updating lawyer bio’s, updating practice areas, uploading articles and coordinating seminars and events;
- Preparing reports and creating presentations with Excel and PowerPoint;
- Researches, plans, implements and maintains marketing technology and projects with ability to change demands in a fast paced environment;
- Photo editing and video editing as needed, setting up and running webinars;
- Providing assistance with RFP submissions, including writing content, layout, visual enhancements and formatting of the document;
- A valid driver’s license is required, as travel may be required a few times per year to the firm’s Manitoba offices in Brandon, Portage la Prairie, Steinbach and the Morden/Winkler area;
- Managing the firm’s Intranet, including posting content, attending development meetings, setting up departmental sections, and training new users;
- Training the firm’s staff and lawyers on the use of the firm’s CRM system.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Dedicated to the principles of exceptional service; professionalism; integrity and ethics; high quality work; committed to responding to, anticipating and addressing client needs, for both internal and external clients;
- Completion of a degree or community college diploma in Business Administration or Marketing with E-Marketing and new media focus is an asset. A combination of education and experience will be considered;
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written);
- Effective listening skills;
- Excellent organizational skills, with the ability to work quickly and accurately under pressure of time restraints;
- Advanced computer skills with knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, macros);
- Takes initiative and has the ability to work independently as well as in a team setting;
- Good problem-solving and analytical ability, with strong research skills;
- Outstanding sense of attention to detail; strong analytical and problem solving ability;
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing. Excellent command of grammar, spelling and vocabulary. Improves non-technical correspondence as a matter of course;
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to manage several projects and change priorities rapidly;
- Thorough knowledge of advanced word processing functions (Word software or other comparable document production software);
- Ability to complete assignments with minimal supervision and/or direction;
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, specifically Photoshop & Premiere is considered an asset;
- Knowledge of SharePoint would be considered an asset;
- Positive attitude, resilient, tenacious, determined, patient, professional, mature and takes ownership for ‘work product’;
- Knowledge of law firms, or professional services would be considered an asset.
ABOUT TDS LAW
When it comes to professional services, relationships matter and so does experience. Thompson Dorfman Sweatman LLP (TDS) has valued client relationships that go back generations. The firm has roots that run deep and one of the primary goals at TDS is to foster a culture where client relationships are entrenched in an equally solid foundation.
With the benefit of more than 125 years of service to Manitobans and to the legal community, TDS has become one of the leading full-service business, employment and dispute resolution law firms in the Manitoba. The firm provides services in over 25 areas of practice to clients locally, nationally and internationally across every major sector.
The firm provides some of the best technology available for law firms including CRM, document management system, SharePoint intranet, private cloud sharing and video conferencing.
Our lawyers have access to a wide range of practice development and practice management tools. Allan Fineblit Q.C. (Counsel to TDS) provides practice and ethics advice and direction.
Administrative professionals in information systems, human resources, accounting and word processing support the firm’s 85+ lawyers. A full-service marketing department provides internal practice and business development support, and works with the Practice Groups to provide frequent continuing professional development opportunities.
Join TDS on the top 3 floors of Winnipeg’s newest office tower at True North Square in 2018.