8:15 a.m. – 8:40 a.m. Registration, Continental Breakfast and Networking
8:40 – 8:45 Opening Remarks and Introductions, Seminar Chair – Scott Hoeppner, Lawyer and Partner, TDS Morden/Winkler Offices
8:45 – 9:05 Art Stacey, Andrew Stewart, Lawyer, TDS Morden/Winkler Offices – Export to emerging markets under CPTPP
- Starting this year, Comprehensive and Progressive Agreement for Trans-Pacific Partnership (“CPTPP”) came into force
- The Agreement offers significant market opportunities
- How export-oriented businesses can take advantage of key markets such as Japan and Australia
9:05 – 9:25 Scott Birse, TDS Lawyer – How to navigate the carbon tax regime
- How the carbon tax may provide an advantage to Manitoba-based manufacturers, versus manufacturers located in other parts of Canada.
- The federal backstop carbon tax is now in place in Manitoba. Every business in Manitoba is affected by the carbon tax in some way.
- How the carbon tax will affect your business and how to be compliant with the complex reporting regime created by the Greenhouse Gas Pollution Pricing Act.
9:25 – 9:45 Danielle Grzybowski, TDS Lawyer – Cross-border IP Considerations
- Intellectual Property protection and laws are federal in scope.
- IP includes your trademarks and logos, patents, trade secrets, domain names and website content.
- If you are looking to expand your business into another country, you could be putting your IP at risk.
9:45 – 10:05 – Éric Courcelles, Strategic Analyst, World Trade Center Winnipeg – Getting Smart About Market Intelligence
- The importance of market intelligence
- How to locate and utilize better information for business or export plans
- What market research and advice are available to Manitoba entrepreneurs
This is a complimentary seminar. Please click here to register.