Blackwood Family Enterprise Services (Blackwood), the Canadian Association of Family Enterprise (CAFE), Gislason Targownik Peters (GTP) and Thompson Dorfman Sweatman LLP (TDS Law), as part of the Winkler Chamber of Commerce are holding a seminar, Successfully Transitioning the Family Business on May 21st.
May 21, 2015, 7:30 – 12:15
Quality Inn Winkler (Downstairs Conference Room)
851 Main Street
Complimentary for guests of Blackwood, CAFE, GTP, TDS and the Winkler Chamber of Commerce.
- 7:30 Registration, hot breakfast and Coffee
- 8:00 Welcome and opening remarks, introductions (Art Stacey, TDS Law)
- 8:15 – 9:30 Successfully Transitioning the Family Business: What You Need to Know
- Taxation and Estate Planning (Leilani Kagan, TDS Law) – 30 minutes
- Accounting (Dale Gislason, GTP) – 30 minutes
- Facilitated Panel Discussion (Art Stacey, Trevor Miller (Lead), Chris Reichert) – 15 minutes
- 9:30 – 9:45 Break
- 9:45 – 10:45 Case Study (Chris Reichert, Blackwood) – 45 minutes
- Facilitated Panel Discussion and Q&A (Dale Gislason (Lead), Trevor Miller, Leilani Kagan) – 15 minutes
- 10:45 – 11:00 Break
- 11:00 – 12:00 CAFE Case Study (Trevor Miller, Thomas Design Builders Ltd.) – 45 minutes
- Facilitated Panel Discussion and Q&A (Dale Gislason, Chris Reichert (Lead), Leilani Kagan) – 15 minutes
- 12:00 – 12:15 Q&A and closing remarks (Art Stacey, TDS Law)
To register for the event, please contact the Winkler Chamber of Commerce at 204-325-9758, or email email@example.com.