The VA Angels will be holding an event in the Director’s Lounge at True North Foundation on Thursday, February 25th. The event will be attended by angel investors, as well as start-up and emerging companies looking for capital.
About VA Angel Events
The average presenter has been in business for at least two years, has a proven product with a core set of customers. Their companies are scalable, have a clear, unique selling point and present something tangible. Start-ups come in all shapes and sizes, solving problems in every industry. What they look for are investable and credible start-ups that will produce a return on investment.
VA Angel Statistics
• 22 VA Angel deals were funded to the tune of $2,883,250;
• Winnipeg did 6 deals and according to NACO helped pushed VA Angels into Canada’s top spot;
• 3 VA investments exited: Acheson, Mobile Data Tech, and Optimum Communications Systems;
• 162 requests were received to present for investment;
• 62 different companies presented at a VA forum, up from 46 in 2013;
• 110 companies attended a VA Bootcamp in Brandon, Calgary, Edmonton, Prince George, Puerto Rico or Winnipeg;
• 127 VA investor members were represented across 5 chapters:
- Calgary: 38, Edmonton: 47, Kelowna: 19, Phoenix: 11, Winnipeg: 12;
• VA Angels reached its 100 deals funded milestone.
For more information, please contact Anita Wortzman at firstname.lastname@example.org.