The VA Angels will be holding an event in the D.A. Thompson Boardroom on Monday, December 7th. The event will be attended by angel investors, as well as start-up and emerging companies looking for capital.
About VA Angel Events
The average presenter has been in business for at least two years, has a proven product with a core set of customers. Their companies are scalable, have a clear, unique selling point and present something tangible. Start-ups come in all shapes and sizes, solving problems in every industry. What they look for are investible and credible start-ups that will produce a return on investment.
VA Angel Statistics
• 22 VA Angel deals were funded to the tune of $2,883,250;
• Winnipeg did 6 deals and according to NACO helped pushed VA Angels into Canada’s top spot;
• 3 VA investments exited: Acheson, Mobile Data Tech, and Optimum Communications Systems;
• 162 requests were received to present for investment;
• 62 different companies presented at a VA forum, up from 46 in 2013;
• 110 companies attended a VA Bootcamp in Brandon, Calgary, Edmonton, Prince George, Puerto Rico or Winnipeg;
• 127 VA investor members were represented across 5 chapters:
- Calgary: 38, Edmonton: 47, Kelowna: 19, Phoenix: 11, Winnipeg: 12;
• VA Angels reached its 100 deals funded milestone.
For more information, please contact Sean Burns at firstname.lastname@example.org or 204.891.5000.