TDS is proud to sponsor the World Trade Centre, Trade Accelerator Program (TAP) Canada.
The Trade Accelerator Program (TAP) Canada is an innovative and dynamic program aimed at helping Manitoba’s small and medium sized enterprises (SMEs) overcome barriers to exporting.
Through its Expert Partners, TAP Canada gives companies access to Canada’s top exporting advisors, resources and contacts. Companies will have the opportunity to work with industry leaders to build a comprehensive Export Plan, and then begin its implementation.
Fall 2017 Program Dates
- September 21 – Application deadline
- October 3 & 4 – 2-day workshop (Export Readiness Training)
- October 25 – Full-day workshop (Export Plan)
- December 6 – Full-day workshop (Mentoring and Validation with Partners and Experts)
TDS Lawyer Doug Forbes is speaking on October 4th
- Time: 11:40 a.m.
- Topic: Practical Legal Guidance for Cross-border Growth
Doug Forbes will provide attendees with an executive summary of the key do’s and don’ts, based on TDS’ decades of global legal experience as Manitoba’s Lex Mundi law firm. Topics include:
- Types of business structures and some simple tax considerations
- Ways to do business in other jurisdictions (acquisitions, JVs)
- Navigating different legal systems, governments and cultures
- Liability, regulations and disputes
- Relationships and opportunities
- Role of legal counsel
For more information click here.