TDS lawyers make an extra effort to not only know our clients’ business, but also to understand their industry and the nuances within each unique sector. The laws and regulations governing charities & not-for-profit organizations is growing increasingly complicated and is ever-changing. Our experience in all matters pertaining to charities & not-for-profit organizations allows us to assist these organizations in an efficient and practical manner.
Our Charities & Not-For-Profit Group works as part of our clients’ team to develop strategies and solve problems, including:
- Business – Our Charities & Not-For-Profit Group helps clients with a wide range of business matters including incorporation and organization and application for registration of charities to obtain charitable status. We also develop governance and fundraising policies and work with charities on planned giving programs.
- Financing – Financing operations can be critical to the future of a non-profit organization and its growth strategy. Our lawyers have relationships with many leading financial institutions and government agencies. Our strategic connections can help in assisting clients with grant applications and lease/loan negotiations and applications, fundraising issues and charitable giving, establishment of endowment funds, and planned giving. TDS is a member of the Canadian Venture Capital Association (CVCA), and our lawyers are also very connected in the venture capital and private equity circles.
- Litigation and Dispute Resolution – With the largest litigation and dispute resolution practice in Manitoba, we are able to work collaboratively with clients to ensure that they receive innovative, cost-effective representation.
- Real Estate Transactions – TDS provides counsel and services to lenders and borrowers in financing transactions, and to a wide number and variety of clients in the acquisition and sale of property including commercial, industrial and retail properties.
While you focus on the operation of your organization, we will work on solving your legal problems and protecting your interests. Whatever your challenge, we are ready to support you.
TDS is proud to be external counsel for some leading charities and not-for-profits, including:
- The Winnipeg Foundation
- The University of Manitoba
- The University of Winnipeg