TDS lawyers who act for clients in the private equity and venture capital space are experienced and knowledgeable. Clients expect that our lawyers know the law, that is a given. While many lawyers know the law, TDS lawyers make an extra effort to not only know our clients’ business, but also to understand their industry and the nuances that go along with each unique sector. Our lawyers and are very connected in the venture capital and private equity circles.
Our private equity & venture capital lawyers work as part of our clients’ team to develop strategies and solve problems, including:
- Corporate and Commercial – Our Private Equity & Venture Capital Group helps clients with a wide range of corporate and commercial matters, including financing, restructuring, partnerships, joint ventures, corporate governance, taxation, securities, intellectual property and shareholder agreements.
- Corporate Development – TDS has direct access to innovative services offered through our strategic partner, Acumen Corporate Development Inc. Acumen provides clients with a full suite of strategic business services which helps clients with both their growth and exit strategies.
- Financing – Financing business operations can be critical to the future of an organization and its growth strategy. Our lawyers have relationships with many leading financial institutions and government agencies. Our strategic connections can help in assisting clients with grant applications and lease/loan negotiations and applications.
- Litigation and Dispute Resolution – With the largest litigation and dispute resolution practice in Manitoba, we are able to work collaboratively with clients to ensure that they receive innovative, cost-effective representation. Whether it is contractual disputes, bankruptcy, class actions, intellectual property disputes, tax litigation, or commercial litigation, we can help.
- Mergers & Acquisitions – Our lawyers regularly assist local, national and international clients with leveraged and management buy-outs, joint ventures, acquisitions and divestitures, cross-border transactions, public company transactions, reorganizations and recapitalizations, transactions involving divisions, subsidiaries and spinoffs, and restructurings. Today’s M&A transactions are often global in reach. TDS is a founding member (and the exclusive Manitoba member) of Lex Mundi – the world’s leading network of independent law firms, with in-depth experience in 100+ countries worldwide. Our global connections to top law firms can make a world of difference to clients when it comes to M&A.
- Real Estate Transactions – TDS provides counsel and services to lenders and borrowers in financing transactions, and to a wide number and variety of clients in the acquisition and sale of property including commercial, industrial and retail properties.
While you focus on the operation of your business, we will work on solving your legal problems and protecting your interests. Whatever your challenge, we’re ready to support you.