Albina’s practice is concentrated in the area of commercial law with an emphasis on commercial and industrial real estate sales and purchases, property development, mortgage financing, mortgage sale and foreclosure proceedings, and leasing. Her practice also includes debt recovery and conservation easement related matters.
She has worked on many complex mortgage financing transactions involving commercial real estate with various elements of property development. She has also been a member of inter-firm legal teams acting for clients on major acquisitions, mergers and sales of businesses involving real estate portfolios.
Currently Albina is the Chair of the National Real Property Section. She is also a director and the Chair of the Board of Regents of The University of Winnipeg from which she received her Bachelor of Arts in 1984. Albina also joined the Board of Directors for Riverview Health Centre in September of 2016.
Primary Practice Area
University of Winnipeg B.A., 1984
University of Manitoba LL.B., 1988
Named in the 2012 - 2020 Best Lawyers in Canada in the area of Real Estate Law.
In the Community
- Director and Chair of the Board of Regents for the University of Winnipeg;
- Director of The University of Winnipeg Foundation
- Chair of the National Real Property Section;
- Member of the University of Winnipeg Alumni Council; and
- Member of the Riverview Health Centre Board of Directors.
Past President and Director of:
- Ronald McDonald House Charities Manitoba;
- The YM-YWCA of Winnipeg;
Past Director of:
- Board of Trustees of the United Way of Winnipeg;
- YWCA National Board; and
- Rainbow Stage
- Chair of The Mental Health Review Board panel
Albina has acted as a seminar leader in the Real Property Section of The Manitoba Bar Admission course sponsored by The Manitoba Law Society where she also participates as a lecturer in The Manitoba Law Society’s continuing Legal Education Program.