- onsite interviews to identify the products, services, technologies and intellectual property assets and rights;
- onsite interviews with individuals associated with the intellectual property assets;
- contract reviews (for example, employment agreements, service agreements and licence agreements) to determine if you own all intellectual property assets and rights;
- security reviews to determine if disclosures have occurred with respect to intellectual property assets and confidential information, together with a review of the internal procedures to protect confidential information and intellectual property assets;
- searches at the various Intellectual Property Offices to determine ownership, granting of security interests and assignments.
This article is presented for informational purposes only. The content does not constitute legal advice or solicitation and does not create a solicitor client relationship. The views expressed are solely the authors’ and should not be attributed to any other party, including Thompson Dorfman Sweatman LLP (TDS), its affiliate companies or its clients. The authors make no guarantees regarding the accuracy or adequacy of the information contained herein or linked to via this article. The authors are not able to provide free legal advice. If you are seeking advice on specific matters, please contact Keith LaBossiere, CEO & Managing Partner at email@example.com, or 204.934.2587. Please be aware that any unsolicited information sent to the author(s) cannot be considered to be solicitor-client privileged.
While care is taken to ensure the accuracy for the purposes stated, before relying upon these articles, you should seek and be guided by legal advice based on your specific circumstances. We would be pleased to provide you with our assistance on any of the issues raised in these articles.